Sunday, January 24, 2010

2 weeks down, 14 more to go!

I don't believe this 16 week training program is going to be as bad as I had originally thought! We've completed 2 weeks! Granted, we had to double up one day to make up for missing Tuesday and we've missed working out both Sundays, but overall it's going fairly well. I mean 5 out of 6 days is pretty awesome, right?

I'm going to go ahead and take the next 2 Sundays off of the schedule completely. Next Saturday I'm going to have to work at Dilly Dally for the last time (unless I choose to take a day here and there), so I will officially have my weekends to myself! To relax, work out, put my life back together, etc. I can't wait!

Until then, I think the working right after running on Saturday (and usually heading out to do some other activity directly after that) has caused some wear and tear on me mentally. So Sundays will now be known as rejuvenation days for a couple of weeks!

To date, we've:
RUN 10 miles in 2hrs, 14 min
BIKED 2 hrs, 10 min
SWAM 4125m in 2 hrs, 1 min

2 comments:

  1. You ran 10 miles? Or 10 miles total?

    I think you are right....you need some time to unwind after your runs on Saturdays and other hard workouts. I'm generally out of commission for a few hours after a long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've run 10 miles total since the beginning of the training program (and an additional 4.5 miles that 1st week of the 8k training program, but it doesn't exactly count).

    ReplyDelete