Saturday, January 9, 2010

Favorite Workout/Food Links

Wednesday night officially kicked off the Fleet Feet 8k training - it was a really good run (only 2 miles...12.5 min/mile pace at a 4:2 interval). The only downfall of this program is that it just isn't going to be as warm and fuzzy as the NCRR Women's Only program. No holding your hand and making sure you're comfortable. No making sure you don't fall behind the pack. You better make sure you keep up -- and watch out for cars!

Saturday morning was a fabulous run because we ran with the 11-13 min/mile group (instead of the run/walk group)! I think it's a good fit (even though we were at the back of the group) - it'll keep me challenged instead of us getting bored. I know I can run 3 flat miles without stopping, because J and I did this the week of New Years.

I was planning on waiting until my list was significantly longer than this, but I read this fantastic article tonight that I just can't pass up sending out to anyone that will listen!http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/editorials/0000021.shtml

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog shout out!

    I plan to take a look at the other links too!

    ReplyDelete