Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tired!

I knew this, but it didn't exactly sink in until this week. As I work out more and harder, my body is going to need more rest at night. D and I have been falling asleep while trying to watch our TV shows earlier and earlier every night. Soon we'll be one of those that has to be in bed by 9pm! EEek!



When I was just running 3x week and MAYbe doing some crosstraining in between, I was more energetic, felt Grrrrrrrrreat (I'm channeling Tony the Tiger) all the time! Now we sleep more and more, feel more tired when we wake in the morning...ahh! So now not only do I need more time to work out, more time to plan meals so that I can eat in the midst of my job and working out, I also have to spend more time sleeping? This really is hitting home how little of a life we're going to have for the next few months.

But hey, it's keeping me away from going out to eat a bunch, keeping me from the fast food restaurants, and best of all, it's keeping me from having any time to spend money or go shopping!

On a side note, I did find a cycle instructor that I adore! He had us check our heart rates all through the class and instead of telling us how hard he wanted us to go (most cycling instructors want you at 90% for the majority of the 50-55 minutes it feels like), he actually told us where he wanted our HR to be at! It was fantastic! I didn't feel like I'd overdone it, I felt great afterwards, etc. Apparently I'm working myself too hard during the other cycling classes, so I'll have to work on that.

I must remember Baby steps, Alison!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! I am tired too. Wednesdays (1 hour of circuit training/weights at lunch + running at night) are killin me.

    You're doin a great job so far!

    ReplyDelete