Thursday, February 4, 2010

Week 3 + Snow = Messing up my training!!



My training plan was screwed up a bit by the snow this past week (missed a 3 mile run, bike/run brick, and 1200m swim). Oh well, can't dwell on that too much! And I know I shouldn't try to "make it up" because I could cause more harm than good, but I really really want to try!

My personal & work schedule is making it so that I have to improvise and double up some nights...cycling class and then a swim are my favorites so far. I really need to try cycle class and then a run. I know that would be MUCH harder (and not half as relaxing), but it's just sooo hard to run on those stupid treadmills!

Speaking of which, I was invited by a friend of mine, "C" to go work out with her at her gym last night! We had a nice time talking and people watching - all while the treadmill tried (in multiple attempts) to kill me.


Reminder to self: don't put it on a program if you don't know what it's going to do. I'm warming up at an easy level 3.4, swift walk...next thing I know, it's jumped straight to 6.8!! WTF, mate?!? This happens a couple of times, and while I should've just canceled the program and started a manual one, I reeeally wanted to know how many calories I'd burned, etc. without trying to remember anything.

I also was able to check out my HR to see where I was at my peak running (180), when I felt good and was working pretty hard (165 or 170) and when I was relaxed and cooling down (140). I know that I should probably just get a HR monitor, but I don't want to spend the money and I have NO CLUE which ones are accurate, etc.


Of course, I would LOVE to have one with the great GPS, water proof, the whole 9, but these things are like $400!! Waaay out of my price range!

Garmin Forerunner 310XT ->

Does anyone have suggestions for a good HR monitor that's on the cheaper (but accurate) scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment