Monday, February 8, 2010

Taking my own advice

Week 4 is over - I missed not only Thursday's, but Saturday & Sunday's work outs on top of it! That puts me up to missing 7 out of 12 workouts in the last 2 weeks.

After being the girl that only missed 1 run and 1 cross-training day for the whole of the NCRC Running program last July-September (5 days/week)...it's really tough to see that life is finally catching up to me.

I keep telling C:
"Don't be so hard on herself, you can eat more than 1700 calories, you can gain a few pounds, you can miss a few workouts. Just don't let it derail your whole program...realize you're going to have these moments, days, or weeks. Just pick up and start again with renewed zeal."

OK, not that eliquent, but you know where I'm going with this...and it's OH SO HARD to take my own advice! Here we go - it's the beginning of week 5.
I'm going to work that much harder to lose the 3 lbs I gained over the past 2 weeks...I AM going to get my excitement for working out back! Tonight! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I can empathize completely. Good luck! You can do it!

    ~Roni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's not just life catching up with you, but maybe it's life/your body telling you you're doing (or trying to do) too much. One reason why most people stop working out is that they set very high standards and high volume schedules for themselves that they can't maintain or keep up with. I'm not saying you are doing this...but you are asking a lot from yourself right now. Maybe you could figure out a way to be a little more flexible with scheduling or a little less ambitious with each workout. You might find a good balance that suits you even better! For instance, when I plan to work out 5 days a week and have a very strict schedule and intense workouts planned I almost always fold. I start missing one or two and then get frustrated or burnt out and stop all together. So I worked to find a more reasonable schedule and realistic goals for myself and have been better able to maintain them. Sorry to sound preachy....I think you are still doing great! But I don't want you to work yourself into the ground or into a frustrated frenzy either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. You asked about other colors of my Take Part and Create Art print. It's also available in teal and teal with a white border.

    Thanks for the compliment of liking my work!

    Best,

    Megan

    ReplyDelete