Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Perfect Day for a Run!

Tuesday was just amazing as far as running weather goes.
Unfortunately, I didn't follow my own rule of waiting 48 hours before going out for another run, so it seemed TONS harder this time.
Thankfully, Derek and I decided beforehand to knock it down to 3.5 miles (the group was only going to be running 3 miles, but I'm an over-achiever) since we wanted to try a 6min run/1min walk.
We ended up going a little slower than we normally would and we both felt pretty beat up after the run, but at least we were able to have some fantastic views of the lake and a very nice breeze blowing across the water.
My favorite part about Lake Lynn are the bridges. They're in the perfect location to maximize the wind coming off of the lake. Regardless of the fact that it's only 2 miles, I think it's my favorite place to run so far (right in front of the 5 points neighborhood).

Pic of the lake in the fall

A more recent picture

Swimming went pretty well tonight, although I didn't see the 2x100 above one of the repeats, so I accidentally swam 500 yds less than I was planning on (for a total of 3200 yds). I've been using a website called swimplan.com that gives you up to 5 free swim plans per day. You put in your stroke info and your time for a 100 and it pops out swim plans tailored to your level! It's great!

I can't wait for this weekend -- I haven't been able to make it to a group run for a full week, so I finally get to run with the ladies again. Right after, we're headed down to Concord with our bikes on the back of the Passat. We're going with Dad on a 12 mile ride somewhere in town (hopefully somewhere that isn't too hilly). Should be a great day to do it!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the turtles! Where is that lake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lake Lynn is really near my townhouse -- basically off of Leesville & Lynn roads.

    ReplyDelete