Monday, September 28, 2009

Beach!! AKA Rain, rain, go away.

Tuesday night, despite still feeling badly from my sinus infection, I went running -- in the pouring rain! Little did I know that it was just a glimpse of what the weekend would have in store for me...


Wednesday night, I headed to the beach with Jody in her "little red convertible" and had a great time filling her whole car full of groceries and toting all 3 loads up the 2 flights of stairs to the top-floor kitchen (I'll call this cross-training activity #1).

I did make my run the next morning, despite sleeping in too late (10am) and the heat & humidity. I think it was the worst run I've ever experienced. I ended up almost over-heating about halfway through (and 2 miles from the house), so I had to walk back.
Thankfully, I had some more cross training in store (#2), including bringing ALL OF THE CRAP that I'd packed for the beach up the 2 flights of stairs. Thankfully I had help!

Friday morning, I went for a 3 mile walk on the beach down to the peir with Carol & Kris...cross-training activity #3. Then Angela arrived, we sat out at the beach and ended up going for a walk again for about a 1.5 mile walk (#4).
Friday night ended with too much drinking, so I was surprised when Angela and I actually woke up to go running the next morning on time! We awoke to a very damp, cool outdoors. A blessing in disguise, because it made our almost 10 minute/mile run more bearable with a light mist in our face and the wind at our backs.

Here are almost all of the ladies (minus Lauren & Jody) out to eat on Saturday night after being stuck inside alll daaaaay long!



And then began the last cross-training activity - dancing! The 3 of us ladies went out on the town (I don't even know if you can even use that expression to describe going to the 1 dance club in Topsail Beach). Overall, a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment