Monday, September 7, 2009

The Beginning

Since High School, I haven't had any sort of work out regimen -- not that I didn't want to lose weight and feel good about myself, but it was just that I didn't think I had the time. I started and stopped a million work out programs - always keeping at it for 2-3 weeks. When I didn't see any change on the scale or in how my clothes fit, I would soon abandon it.

And then I found the NCRC Women's Beginner Running Program. We started in July '09 and we've been slowly building up our mileage and the percentage of time that we're running (started with a 2 min run/ 1 min walk).
Now I've tried this sort of program before, but never with a group. I even halfheartedly trained & completed a mini tri in June of '06 (pic on right).

As you can tell from the picture, my sister got the good genes. She's worked hard to stay as svelte as possible and she's the healthiest eater and cook that I know. But still - 6'1" and she's probably no more than 140. Why oh why did I get the plump in the mid-section and easily gains weight end of the deal??

So here I am, trying again. This time, my only goal is to get healthy. If the weight comes off, so be it. I'm tracking my food & weight on fitday.com and have a spreadsheet with my runs and other cross training activities. All of this is helping me to stay motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment