Saturday, September 19, 2009

Good Week!!

I was expecting that this week would be one of the slowest in history because we had a holiday weekend the week prior. But nope...all of a sudden, it's Friday!

I got all of my runs in, although I'm totally bummed that I missed the group run on Thursday (I went to the wrong Ale House - reading comprehension, hello?!). So I had no choice but to run on my own time. Of course, I had some errands that I needed to get done, so I went ahead and switched up my order of the night and did the errands (which included eating) and then came home and watched The Office and finally decided to get out there and run around 10:30ish (yes, we're talking PM).

So I decided that the most well-lit and trafficked area at 11pm on a Thursday night would be to run Ridge Road. I was right, but there weren't any walkers. And of course, I had my ears and eyes wide open assuming some crazy person was going to drive by me, turn in at the next road and wait to abduct me. I had my Ipod on only for the Nike + feature...never put the buds in my ears. I had my key held in my hand with the key part sticking out between my fingers and I was definitely ready to try out some of my newly acquired self defense techniques if required. I looked into houses to figure out who was still awake and which house would be easiest to run to and beat down their door should I get someone following me. A full 45 minutes of that isn't so fun, but it did make me run faster!!

DEFINITELY something I'm not planning on repeating. Now I don't think many people that want to harm someone would pick me as their first target (I'm over 200lbs and 6' tall), but I still don't want to test those boundaries!

I was supposed to go for a run today and a bike ride tomorrow, but I switched that earlier this week when I decided to run with the girls in a test run of the 5k on Sunday AM that they are all running next weekend (I'm so sad that Ill miss it, but I'm going to the beach so I can't complain).

In other news, I've been thinking about Halloween. It's just around the corner!! What are you and your kids going to be this year? Last year I was a slutty pirate and then at some point within these past couple of years, I dressed up as an 80's gal. I think I have a witch costume that I bought last year, so maybe I'll try that! Hopefully it will be too big for me! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I saw these and was wondering if you have heard of them? http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/barefooting/barefoot_running.cfm

    barefoot running?? Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete