Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Not feeling like myself!

I've been neglecting my workouts...not that I haven't been running at least my 9 miles a week, but I just haven't been able to work in more than a 1x week swim (and only like a 3000m for the past 2 weeks)...and NO biking.

This sucks! I need to be up to speed by the end of the year, and at this pace I'll be lucky just to get up to running a mile w/o stopping by the end of the year (I'm doing a 7 min run/1 min walk right now).

Work is going to ramp up VERY quickly here (like in the course of 2 weeks), so I know I'll need to hold on tight and do as much right now as I possibly can to make sure I'm ahead of the game. It's always tough in the 4th Q! EVERYONE wants to spend the rest of their money and they NEVER give me enough time to get their projects done! :-P

There is a very cool silver lining to all of this running. On top of the fact that I'm continuing to lose weight (despite drinking too much and not watching what I eat on the weekends enough), I have inspired one of my best girlfriends to start running!!!
EEK!!
She's overweight (like me) and has gotten skinny many times, but never in this more healthy, gradual way that we were taught. She's on week 1, and so far has completed 3 runs and is coming along famously! She's following the schedule I put together for her (my running buddies make fun of me for my crazy ass spreadsheets, but they really work for me!) and she'll start trying to eat more healthy once she feels comfortable with the running.
I told her to just focus on one thing at a time and that she'll need to be patient. It's so cool to have another running buddy!! It won't be long before she's challenging me to keep up with her! :-)
Oh and a shout out to my sister Linz who so graciously sent her this fabulous e-mail with some great links and thoughts! She's such a sweety (and my inspiration, btw)!! :-)

So I guess things aren't all bad, I'm just feeling spread a little too thin at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Ali you're an angel! You will bounce back, dontcha worry! luv u xoxo

    ReplyDelete