Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A case of the rainy "blahs"

It's SUCH a yucky day out...it makes me wonder how hard it's going to be to keep up running through the cold and wet of the winter time. Derek and I officially canceled our Gold's Gym membership because of the fact that we never really have to use it - most of what we do can be done outside (except swimming).

Now that I look outdoors, I'm thinking that we're going to have to make sure to have some warmer clothes (and wet weather clothes) to run in...or possibly join Planet Fitness for like $10/month when it gets really gross out there. I don't know that I would enjoy running on a treadmill as much as outdoors...I get bored pretty easily already, so running in place sounds like a yawn!

Thankfully, I'm still losing slowly but surely (I'm not tracking my food like I should, so I'm sure I could be losing it faster if I tried)...the 7 min run/1 min walk ratio is pretty easy now and I feel like I could probably run forever. It's making it so that I'm ending up with a 12 minute mile...I know that as I walk less and run more, this time will go down, I just am ready to at least be running a 9-10 minute mile already! If nothing else, for the sake of how long it takes me to work out.

I'm making a new effort to get in my cross-training - starting tonight! Here's my schedule for the next week:
Wed - Swim my 3400m (or as much as I can fit into 7:30-8:45)
Thurs - Run 4.25 miles with the girls @ Shelley Lake
Fri - Off
Sat - Run 5 Miles (may have to do this on my own super early b/c I might have to work @ Dilly Dally)
Sun - Bike 12 Miles (if it's pretty try the Tobacco Trail; if not, swim a 3400m again)
Mon - Walk around 5-points area (gorgeous houses!!)
Tues - Run 4.5 Miles (1st day of 9:1 ratio?) with my running buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment