Monday, October 26, 2009

My first 5k!

The Monster Dash was a great first 5k experience. Everyone was supposed to wear a family friendly costume, so I was a cat (tail and all!) and D decided that he didn't want to dress up (insert smiley with tongue sticking out).



It was sooo cute to see the kids run and was even more adorable to see them all dressed up. We saw batman, spider man, a police man, a lady bug, super girls, a skeleton, Mini Mouse, and an 80's girl complete with fishnet gloves.

It was much cooler than the weather channel led us to believe it would be, so I was only wearing a short sleeve shirt and capris (can you say brrrrr?). The start was an uphill run and fairly difficult because it was so long, but I passed a good number of people - many of which later passed me.

I thought I was on target to meet my goal of 35 minutes, but I wasn't doing so well with my math and I completed the race in 36:15 with a pace of 11:40/mile. D (of course) was about 3+ minutes ahead of me. I was worried about bombing towards the end of the run, so I held back until about the last 1/2 mile when I started to book it. After the race was over, I felt like I could've gone a bit faster, but I really didn't want to run so hard that I felt like crap that night.

Overall, I feel good (although a little sore where I didn't stretch well enough) and it's nice to have a time to try and beat at the next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment