Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long Time, no Run...

DST/winter weather, getting in a wreck (and having to find a replacement car within a week), Thanksgiving and work...

These are the things I blame my not lack of running on! Daylight Savings Time started it all off with making it more difficult to get out and run safely. Now I need more gadgets (headlamp) and better clothing just to get out the door! I haven't been running more than 1x/week since the first week of November...and then Thanksgiving traveling and work have just eaten up every last second of the day.

I'm going to renew my sense of have-to-get-out-there-and-run before I start to get scared of going out for a run. I'm already worried that my lack of keeping up my training is going to make me feel like I'll never meet my goals. My major issue is not letting my mind spiral into a world of "what-ifs" and negativity. So to get me kicked off in the right direction, I decided I should add a goal to get me through the winter blues. Here goes nothing!


March 7th - St. Patty's Run Green 8k
May 1st - White Lake Sprint Triathlon
August 1st - Chicago Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment